Updated April 9, 2021
—PLEASE NOTE AS OF TODAY THE HOSPITAL HAS POSTPONED ALL CATARACT SURGERIES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE—
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our goal is to maximize patient safety while providing urgent and emergent eye care. A few things are different at the office:
We have reduced the numbers of patients we are seeing. It is very likely that you will be one of only a few patients in the office when you come. We will ask you some questions before you enter the office. We will check your temperature. Drivers will be asked to stay in their cars. We will assign you a pager and ask you to wait in your car. When it is your turn the pager will notify you. No one will be in the office who doesn’t need to be. Your visit will be the shortest ever. PLEASE ATTEND YOU APPOINTMENT ON TIME. Patients who no-show and/or arrive late cannot be accommodated. If you do not plan to attend, please tell us ASAP so we can adjust our bookings accordingly.
We are doing everything we can to reduce the chances of you getting sick because of your visit. We wipe down all surfaces in the exam room and office between patients, and all staff are wearing full protective gear. You will be asked to clean your hands with hand sanitizer and if you don’t have your own mask you will be given a mask to wear while you are in the office. If you cannot wear a mask your appointment will be rescheduled to a time when you can or when masks are no longer needed. Children under 2 years of age and unconscious patients are the only exemptions to our mask policy.
You can reduce your time in the office by printing out and filling in a form from our website. Forms are available at https://www.visualsurgery.com/for-patients/prepare-for-your-visit/
Finally, if you answer yes to any of the following questions please let us know:
- Do you have:
- fever, new cough or worsening of chronic cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing?
- close contact with anyone with respiratory Illness or travel out of Canada in the past 14 days?
- confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case?
- Two (2) or more of the following symptoms: sore throat, runny nose/sneezing, nasal congestion, hoarse voice, difficulty swallowing, impaired sense of smell, chills, headaches, fatigue, diarrhea, abdominal pain, or nausea/vomiting?
- If over 65 years of age: delirium, falls, worsening of chronic condition?
- If you answer yes to any of the above, please let us know so we can reschedule your appointment for a time when you feel better, and we can help you get in for an assessment if needed.
If you need additional information or have questions as to whether or not you should attend an upcoming appointment, or to rebook your appointment please contact us by email at email@example.com or call our office at 705-325-6591.